Round 14 comments...

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Round 14 comments...
From: "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:13:39 -0700
...Thanks to everyone who put the event on.  It was a fantastic day, and
I'm not even that sunburned.

I'm not sure who designed the course, but I found it both simple and fun
-- an excellent course to practice technique because of its repetitious
nature (that's not a complaint!).  The series of chicane-y things was
about the most fun I've had in my car yet.

Working station 5 was also great fun, as we could see exactly who has
learned to look ahead and who hasn't by the startled look on about 50%
of the drivers' faces when the offset in the chicanes kicked in.  I've
never seen surprise telegraphed quite like that before.  And Mr.
Mouton's second run was quite a sight to see; I'm only surprised that he
didn't throw it into reverse to get the one cone in that area that he
missed.

The only downsides to the day were the long delay in group 1
(unavoidable), and the sheer size of group 2, which I was in.  Getting
back to grid was like driving on 101 at 5pm; traffic, confusion, mayhem.
Has there been any thought about splitting ST from SM to reduce that run
group's size?  I'm sure it's just as not fun for workers as it is for us
drivers.  Also, I'm not sure it was a great idea having the two driver
line sandwiched in the middle of 1 driver lines.

Cheers... See you all next weekend

-b