July 15

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: July 15
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:46:15 -0400
SCCA-San Francisco Region Solo II returns to the Network Associates
Coliseum in Oakland, CA, this Sunday, July 15.
        All systems are in place: event chairs, insurance certificates, the
food caterer, etc.
        The Food Coach man has a contract with the Coliseum and he was
embarassed and apologized for having inadequate supplies at our Super Bowl
Sunday season opener. Let's hope he does it right this time. His sister
operates the truck which covers us at GGF and Candlestick. I asked him if
we needed to call her. After thinking for a moment he promised to be there.
<G>

        A problem apparently plaguing Oakland citizenry is a new game
called "Side Show."
It involves muscle cars doing donuts, usually late at night, on Hegenberger
Road which is not too far from the Coliseum. A city spokesperson has been
calling radio stations to tell them this won't be tolerated on the streets
of Oakland nor at the Coliseum. I checked with the Coliseum and they tell
me our event does not fit that mold. We've paid them rent and also supplied
insurance.
        However, that also means we may have unwanted visitors. It also
means we must be doubly sure none of our people clown around on the other
lots. We'll use the new cell phone to call the cops if we need help.

        And how does "Side Show" work? My guesses:
                1) Number of spins before the vehicle stops; or
                2) Judges hold up style numbers.

All of which proves an organized NHRA drag strip is needed in the
neighborhood.

        The mind wanders: How about a Low Rider with hydraulics doing
donuts while humping up and down. Good Guys rod shows will pick up on this
next year I'm sure. <G>

--John Kelly