Forwarded: Novice in stock looking to make a fool of myself..

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Novice in stock looking to make a fool of myself..
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 22:55:37 -0600 (MDT)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than ba-autox@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

From: "Jake Hodges" <jake_hodges@hotmail.com>
Subject: Novice in stock looking to make a fool of myself..
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 02:13:13 -0000

I had a blast today!  Thanks to everyone that helped me through my first
autocross.  Now I have to get a whole bunch more of those little pins.  Why
didn't you guys tell me about the little pins!  I love the little pins!

I feel good about my time..  I was only 10% slower than my nearest
competitor in ES.  Er.. Um..

But now I have to make a fool of myself.  I want to stay in ES with my '95
del Sol Si (the one that made you feel good about your time today), but I
want my car to sabotage me a little less.  For example, I think I have the
original shock absorbers in my car.. 90,000 miles old...  Those wear out,
right?  It should replace them simply for SAFETY reasons, right?  SAFETY is
important, and be ample justification for spending some money sooner rather
than later.  Will shocks make a significant difference?  And what can I get
away with within the confines of stock?  Any other things I should pay
attention to besides tires?

Thanks again!

Jake Hodges