autocrossing

To: the_brain7@hotmail.com
Subject: autocrossing
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:58:42 -0700 (PDT)
- -I noticed non-SCCA autocross events on the
calendar, am I allowed to attend or do I need to be a
member (A.A.S., NASA/X)?

Welcome to the world of autocrossing.
I run the NASA/X series. There are no club membership
requirements with our program, and no hidden costs.
We charge 1 second per cone.
We are running a triple header this weekend at Marina
airport by Monterey. Saturday is a double, we go until
midnight. We put flashlights in the apex cones and
they look a bit like jack-o-lanterns in the dark.
We run an event every month, normally on the third
Sunday, plus a new years day event and this crazy July
triple header thing. The events are hosted by NASA
member clubs in rotation but are open to all. This
Sunday's event is hosted by the Fiat club for example,
Saturday's double fell back onto Peggy and Dennis.
Our school is in February and it is open even to SCCA
members but it usually fills quickly by those in
attendance at our winter [November and December}
events when the flyers first come out. The promised
mailing of flyers hasn't worked out yet, the school
fills too fast for that to work. The actual date of
the school and next year's program and so on should be
known in late November.

=====
Dennis Hale
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/