Round 16 Thanks

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Round 16 Thanks
From: "Bryan P. Nemy" <bnemy@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:45:01 -0700
I would like to thank all the folks that helped Don Ebaugh and I with
round 16.  I learned that it just is not that hard to co-chair an event
because of all the great people that volunteer to assist.  We lucked out
with no timer problems and worked toward good on-the-grid tech and fast
on-the-fly worker turnovers.  This gave us 3 fun runs for anyone that
stuck it out to the bitter end.

Katie wasn't there, so I guess we can blame her for the windy and
overcast day.  I can't remember all the names, but the morning crew was
great, thanks.  Thanks are in order for Charlie Davis for driving the MH
and building another one of his great courses - fast in the front and
very technical in the back.  Thanks to M. J. Dunlap for making things
safe all day and taking my mind off of that task.  Thanks to Donald Lew
for a great registration team.  Thanks to all the people that worked
multiple times when we were short on workers. Thanks to Don Ebaugh, a
great co-chair.  I told you it would be a piece of cake.  And most of
all, thanks to Mark Watson for not running in CSP and giving me the
opportunity for my first WIN at an SCCA event.

Remember, we need event chairs for the Slush.  It is not that hard a
job.  Everyone pitches in and helps.  It takes a full day of work.  You
go home tired, but satisfied.  You get a free entry and a nice piece of
clothing with the SFR logo at the end of the year.  You may even be so
hyped up that you win your class.  What a great day!!

Bryan