Re: Need kart transport to/from nationals

To: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Subject: Re: Need kart transport to/from nationals
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:24:41 -0700
The problem with U-Haul is not that they won't take reservations, but
that they don't necessarily honor them.  If the person who is supposed
to return the equipment that you were going to rent doesn't get it
back on time, there's no penalty, they just pay for another day's
rental.  At least, that's how it worked when my friends were trying
(note this qualifier) to move.

Oh, and check the tires on the trailer very carefully, because they
sure don't!  (Had a tire explode on the first day of my trip, tread
gone, sidewall gone, just a few shreds attached to the bead...had the
tires checked at the service center the next day, and all four were
replaced on the spot.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94