Pylon for July 2001

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pylon for July 2001
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:29:41 -0400
The July 2001 issue of North American Pylon went into the mail last Friday
and is now winging its way gently to subscriber's mail boxes to be
delivered by a uniformed official of the U.S. Government.

This month:
        Dick Berger predicts the winners at the 2001 SCCA Solo II Nationals
at Topeka, KS.
                Some famous and not-so-famous names are on Dick's list.
                And there's not a single moon shot in there.
        The SCCA National Tour visits Devens Commerce Center in Ayer, MA,
to deliver a top notch event for Northeastern U.S. residents.
        Kiersten Scharnberg sets the pace at SoloTime #3 in Wichita, KS.
        Mike Neary wins the Oscoda (MI) Pro Solo Open Challenge.
        Derek Butts shows the way in G Stock in a Lexus IS300 at the NorPac
Divisional held at Rancho Cordova, CA.
        Rick Ruth borrows a Corvette to win SS at CenDiv's Subaru-sponsored
event at Rantoul (IL) Air Force Base.
        Ron McGeorge wins BS at a Virginia Motor Sports Club events at
Virginia Motor Sports Park.
        Ken Yeo borrows Rick Brown's Corvette to win B Prepared at the
American Autocross Series meet at Rancho Cordova, CA.
        David Hironaka is still quick in his kart at a Las Vegas, NV, meet.
        Las Vegas stages its final daytime event of the season on June 10
in 100 degree weather. Now you know why they run at night for the remainder
of the year.
        San Francisco Region visits the Laguna Seca paddock in Monterey,
CA, where it wqs only 75 degrees. Bong Solis sets FTD in his Toyota Starlet
running in the strictly local Open Street Prepared.
        Ken Rupp drives an ES Toyota Celica to win the LTB Motorsport
Shootout in Atlanta, GA.
        Andy Turnbull wins ES at an SCCA-Old Dominion Region meet at
Langley Raceway in Newport News, VA.
        News of the Canadian National Championship.
        News of a babysitting service at Topeka.

Plus columns by:
        Pat Kelly on why you should write a letter.
        Warren Leveque on Gravel Pit Racing.
        Brian Beckman offers chapter 10 on the Physics of racing. This time
he writes about "Grip Angle" of tires.
        Lorenzo the Scribe describes how to rid your car of spiders.
        Editor John Kelly reveals BMW's long-term goal of persuading the
whole world-wide transportation industry to switch to Hydrogen from
gasoline as a fuel source, especially as we know all the oil will run out
eventually. The plus of Hydrogen is it does not pollute.

And our cartoonists are still at it. Garage Sale offers cars for sale. And
our Autocross schedule is the best there is.

Need to see a future copy? Free? Log on to our web page at
<www.napylon.com>.

Or, subscribe today by calling 1-800-58-KELLY between 9-5, M-F, and charge
the $24 subscription price for 12 monthly issues to your Visa or
MasterCard.
        The Canadian subscription price is US $27.50. Use a U.S. Bank or
Canadian postal M.O.
        We regret we are unable at this time to mail directly to addresses
outside North America. The smart guys arrange for a U.S. forwarding
service.

Or, mail your check or M.O. to:
                                North American Pylon
                                P.O. Box 1203,
                                Pleasanton, CA 94566-0120

We will be doing our usual sensational coverage of the SCCA Solo II
Nationals in September.

--John Kelly