Re: Test & Tune For Nationals - Cost $1.00

To: nokones@kenmitchell.com
Subject: Re: Test & Tune For Nationals - Cost $1.00
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 22:30:15 -0700
Kenneth Allan Mitchell wrote:

> The Sacramento Chapter of the San Francisco Region/SCCA is hosting a
> nationals warm-up/Test & Tune on August 18 & 19 at Mather Regional Park
> near Sacramento, CA. The cost is $1.00 (100 pennies but we prefer the
> paper money). No its not a typo, its just $1.00 per run. You can take
> all the runs you want each day. The entry to the warm-up test & tune is
> only open to drivers that are signed up and attending the Solo II
> Nationals.
>
> The Nationals warm-up will be held after the conclusion of the regular
> SCCA Sac Cup Series event each day. The regular event on both days is
> open to "everyone" and membership is not required. The entry fee for
> members is $20.00 and $25.00 for non-members. The run-group schedules
> for the events on the 18th and the 19th are listed below.
>
> If the group wants a different course design than what was run that day,
> the Chapter will accommodate the request. If there is an interest for a
> skid pad, a skid pad will be setup.
>
> The regular event format (4 runs per entry with fun runs as time permits
> in both the morning and afternoon sessions) will be conducted as usual.
> No sign up or pre-registration is necessary. Just attend the regular
> event and at the end of the regular event, everyone will regroup
> briefly, than the warm-up begins.

Let me see if I understand what I am reading here. We
will have the local autocrossers participating in a ten-event
regional series pay for a site for two days, and tell them
to clear off each day so National Entrants only can enjoy a
rarer than gold test and tune opportunity for 20% of the
cost per run. Have I got this "to the least neediest, from
the least capable" thinking correct?

Rich Urschel