Re: Kwik-Load Trailers

To: kincy@ccnet.com
Subject: Re: Kwik-Load Trailers
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:28:52 EDT
from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)

                   Perry,

                       The Orlandi trailer I bought is a "knock off" of a
"Texas Roll Back" if you can all an unpatented or uncopyrighted design a
"knock off".  Its about the same length as Don's, 23'. It tows great behind
my Durango (7600# tow capacity) with a 3100# Corvette on it. It has 4 wheel
electric brakes that are a pain in the A-s. You can never get the controller
set right. If you get it set right for one speed its wrong for another. Don
Campbell has the same problem with his trailer brakes.

            The trailer Josh describes may work well for a small car with a
short wheel
base and a non in/out clutch but it wouldn't work for my Corvette. I'd stall
it a hundred times or put it in my Durangos trunk trying to load it. a 7#
flywheel and an in/out clutch doesn't leave you much leeway.  FWIW.

Larry

In a message dated 10/9/01 8:47:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time, kincy@ccnet.com