Subject: san francisco car show report

To: "ba autocross list" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Subject: san francisco car show report
From: "Cheryl Grantz" <sgrantz@peoplepc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:06:35 -0800
My additions to James' report:
>i went down to mosconi center today to the car show.
>here's my report:

>1. a bunch of boring street cars
way lots, and the still-not-available TBird, the Aston Martin, and lots of
expeenssive street cars, but also some fun concepts (and some "oh, please no
no no" concepts)

>2. some really cool vintage race cars
a whole room full of CSRG cars of many types including 50's panamerica
veterans

>3. no sign of the mazda rx8 yet
or the 350Z and no Mini

>4. the scca booth is pretty cool- durk's awesome corolla is there
and Bob Benson's ESP Firebird and a nice 01 Celica from Sac and Huffaker's
TransAm Jaguar

>5. parking will cost you more than admission
way, way more, especially if you come work the booth for a while and get free
admission. If you've got some time and want to spread your autocross knowledge
around, e-mail Don Ryder with the times you can help and he will leave a pass
for you at the gate    Don Ryder <dryder24@home.com>

>6. last time i went to a car show i ended up driving my cobra home less than
>a month later- this time i want a vintage formula car (look out b-mod)
Oh God!  ---- just stick to nice street cars like the Cobra, OK??!

- -james
OSP #74