Kart arrive and drive

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Kart arrive and drive
From: "Peter Mottaz" <mph_16@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:41:16 +0000
Are you trying to decide what you want to drive or what class to run in next
year? Here is a solution to your conundrum...

I would like to gauge the level of possible interest, by everyone (lurkers
and posters) on the list, in an F125 arrive and drive series at our events
next year.

The scenario is this: I have contacted a local Kart shop that is very
experienced at putting on arrive and drive programs. For a per event fee
(that is still being negotiated), you could run the 2002 SFR Championship
series in the F125 class with out having to acutally go out and buy all the
necessary "stuff" (kart, truck or trailer etc.). You would be freed from
having to change your car's tires, modify/test your own car, no wear and
tear on your daily driver, etc. Just arrive and drive a Birel/Honda 125
shifter kart. A 125 shifter is about as much fun as you can have in
autocross. Guaranteed to put a smile on your face and adrenalin in your
veins.

We would need a minimum of 5 people per event. My vision is that there would
be a core of 5 or more of the same people competing at all the events. Come
and give Vernon (and his son, Derek) a bit of competition.

Please email me directly at:

mph_16@hotmail.com

for more details, possible costs etc. Also let me know what you would
realistically be willing/able to pay for this (free isn't an option ;-) so I
can get a feel for where the price would need to be for it be viable for
everyone. This is in the preliminary stages but I need to see if there is
any serious interest before proceeding

Thanks,
Pete Mottaz
SFR Kart Co-Chief