Pylon for November 2001

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pylon for November 2001
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 12:54:08 -0500
The November 2001 edition of North American Pylon
is now in the mail on the way to subscribers.

Featured this month are reports on:
        Atlanta Region's Champion of Champions meet won by Tommy Pulliam.
        Reports on two CenDiv meets, Round 6 at Oscoda, MI,
                and Round 7 at Toledo, OH. We'll cover Round 8 in our
December issue.
        Connecticutt's Fairfield County Sports Car Club debuts a new site,
                attracts 134 entries.
        San Francisco Region opens E.J. Bayliss Winter Series, will donate
half
                their net to the American Cancer Society. Six events on
tap,
                we cover the first four. Finale set Dec. 16 at
                "The Network Associates Coliseum," Oakland, CA.
        Old Dominion Region runs at Fort Monroe, VA.
        Virginia Motor Sports Club wraps its 2001 season at Dinwiddie, VA.
        The new for 2002 combined RTP/PAX index compiled by Chicago's Rick
Ruth.
                Dave Beck has retired.

Three drivers report on their first time visits to the SCCA Solo II
Nationals at Topeka, Kansas. Diana Shaw from Massachusetts, Eric Salem from
Nebraska, and J. Brett Howell from Atlanta, GA offer thoughts on "What I
did last summer."
        Regular columns by
                Pat Kelly inquiring about insurance, sites, new classes.
                Lorenzo the Scribe goes to Las Vegas' SEMA show, again.
                Warren Leveque loves Indian Summer.
                Ben Thatcher explains stepping out of the fire
                        as Atlanta Region's Solo II chair.

Letters from
        Steve Volpp explaining why the Mridian, MS, Tour won't happen this
year.
        Lynn Anderson proposes "B Street Prepared-Vintage" for
                1963-1982 Corvettes as a National spec class for SCCA.
                BSP-V has been successfully operating in the
                American Autocross Series for two years.
        Doug Hubbard, another first-time National driver, suggests ways to
improve
                Topeka's bumpy concrete surface.
        Editor John Kelly reveals 5-time C Mod champ Dan Cole has
                a speaking part in a Robert Redford movie filmed in
Tennessee.

Plus, cartoons featuring Pylons that think and talk from the imaginations
of Rick Walford, Davie Looman, and Doug Adams.
The beginnings of the 2002 autocross schedule.
Garage Sale with all kinds of stuff for sale.

Annual subscriptions are $24 for 12 monthly issues.

        To gain a subscription, call 1-800-KT-KELLY, 9-5 PST, M-F,
                and charge the $24 to Visa or MasterCard.
        Or, FAX your credit card number AND your mailing address
                to 1 (925) 846-0118. It operates 24/7.
        Or, send a $24 check to:
                North American Pylon
                P.O. Box 1203
                Pleasanton, CA 94566

Or, Check out our web site at <www.napylon.com>
Happy Holidays to all.

--John Kelly, editor, North American Pylon