Re: Trailer hitches

To: Adam Steffes <asteffes@asteffes.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trailer hitches
From: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:47:03 -0800
At 01:16 PM 11/29/2001 -0800, Adam Steffes wrote:
>Hi folks.  I'm looking for a small, discrete trailer hitch for my 2001
>Jetta VR6.  I called Bay Truck Accessories in Daly City, and they quoted
>me about $250 for a Class I hitch, ball, mount, lock, and wiring converter
>thingy.  Anyone know of other options I may have?

Have you tried any of the other hitch places, like U-Haul?  Anyways, 250
doesn't seem too bad if it includes installation.  If you look at the
prices for all the parts (Hitch-Web isn't bad - http://www.hitch-web.com),
depending on what hitch they're installing, they aren't charging you too
much for the labor.  Of course, you could always get the parts and just
install it yourself...

Jim