Re: Novice Herder Wanted for Autox

To: Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net
Subject: Re: Novice Herder Wanted for Autox
From: james creasy <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:43:04 -0800
> BTW, I was reading the 2002 rulebook, and there is language in there (not
> new) about being careful NOT to let cars get airborne.  I know it's
> difficult at Candlestick, but it may warrant a re-read.

well, rule or no rule, i am careful not to get airborne.  last year i either
drove around the jump or crawled over it.

it depends on how the course goes over the hump.  slowly is best.  last year
was a bad bad combination of a little running start, the jump, and then a
really long straight, so you were kind of forced to go fast over it to get a
good time.  i actually put the brakes on before it and crawled over.

the usual problem at the stick is bottoming out and breaking stuff.

-james c