Re: going to buy suit/helmet, etc today, any tips?

To: james creasy <Black94PGT@pacbell.net>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: going to buy suit/helmet, etc today, any tips?
From: David Rowney <daver@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:18:38 -0700
I used one of the original HANS units starting about 1992.  If you are
going road racing I would recommend it or one of the other similar devices
(see the recent safety issue of Sports Car).  I found that it takes a bit
longer to get into one on pregrid, and when on it felt restrictive when I
was just sitting in the car.  But when I started driving, I didn't notice
it at all.  The newer HANS designs are easier to deal with as they detach
from your helmet.
Info: http://www.hansdevice.com/

I recommend that you go see the Bell Motorsports people about other gear.
http://www.bellmotorsports.com/
I think they are still in Oakland?

Dave