Yet Another tire thread

To: Bay Area Autocross List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yet Another tire thread
From: Adam Steffes <asteffes@asteffes.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 11:04:51 -0700 (PDT)
A friend of mine decided to sell me his 3k miles old Dunlop SP Sport 8000s
after replacing them with snow tires.  I have them mounted on my stock
16x6.5 wheels.  Can anyone give me any advice as to how to go about
getting the most out of these tires (strictly for autocross use)?  My 2001
Jetta VR6 is heavy - close to 3000 pounds and tends to be very, very hard
on front tires.  Any advice as far as temperatures or tire pressure is
greatly appreciated.

In case you're wondering, I bought them from him after hearing good things
about the SP 8000s history in autocrossing and after he told me they would
cost me half as much as a set of new Azenis. =)

  -Adam