RE: New MINI Cooper and Cooper S.

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New MINI Cooper and Cooper S.
From: "Talley, Brooks" <brooks@frnk.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:12:50 -0700
Not to mention 4th gen F-bodies, which typically get the "crank" rating
at the wheels (I haven't kept up, but when I got my 99 it was rated at
305 crank and turned 303 at the wheels, which would suggest roughly 355
at the crank; later years increased by 5rwhp/year or so).

It's not unusual, probably for two reasons: 1) they want to guarantee
that even the most off-spec car they produce generates the power they
advertise so nobody can complain, and 2) marketing often enters into it
(the f-body thing is largely considered to be because they didn't want
to tell everyone that you could get within 5hp of a vette for half the
price [and 400lbs more weight]).

Cheers
-b