Re: Riding in cars with girls (was: RE: In Car Footage)

To: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>,
Subject: Re: Riding in cars with girls (was: RE: In Car Footage)
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:05:31 -0800
what i recall from riding with andy is how he almost never drives in a
straight line, but sees all the places to connect maximum cornering
semi-circles together so they fit through all the cones.  none of this
road-race late apex crap.  this sometimes left my brain behind when i
thought he was turning left and he would turn right instead.

it was an eye opener for me to drive the awesome bong solis car- quite
seriously it resists being driven in a straight line, although you have a
selection of different sized circular arcs to choose from.  choose wisely.
:)

katie always seemed to me to drive the course first and the car second.  a
lesson i try to remember, and one my car car enforces on me anyway.

>I'm thinking that MAYBE, instead of getting on the gas hard I get
>on it just a little bit earlier

a long soft throttle can be more effective than a repeated stabbing one.

-james
OSP - On Some Pace