Re: [miatamail] Any recommendations on Brake Pads?

To: miata@pacbell.net, miatamail@txt.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [miatamail] Any recommendations on Brake Pads?
From: "Ruben Padron" <ruben_1271@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:43:27 -0800
Hi all,

I've had EBC greens on my 99 Miata for about a year, after frying the stock
pads (which still had plenty of meat on them) during a track day. So far,
they have been great: much higher resistance to fade and less dust than
stock pads. Highly recommend them.

Under normal driving conditions (i.e. freeway stopping), I didn't notice any
significant braking improvements... If you're looking for improved braking
under these "normal" conditions, you should look beyond just swapping pads -
i.e. look towards changing rotors, calipers, etc.

As I understand it, only swapping performance pads maintains your braking
performance under repeated heavy braking, since the compound is able to
widthstand a lot more heat while maintaining about the same amount of
friction as when the pads were cooler.

Happy and safe braking!  :)

Ruben