question on Snell-95 helmet cert.

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: question on Snell-95 helmet cert.
From: Toy4speed@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 02:19:36 EST
Hello All:

Happy holidays to everyone.  Hope the season is treating everyone well.
Since it is the off season for autox, and the rains have hampered my Supra
repairs, I been thinking about other topics.

I'm wondering how much longer we can expect the Snell-95 helmets to be
accepted for autox use ?  I recall a 10 year back date from latest
certification available.  Does that mean when the Snell-2005 helmets are
available, the old Snell-95 is still ok for our Solo-2 purposes ?

Thanks for any enlightenment !

Don Lew