Stupid camber tricks

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Stupid camber tricks
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 21:20:04 EST
from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)

              You guys are losing sight of what really matters, control of
weight redistribution during cornering to maximize cornering ability. Having
a car lean into a corner serves no useful purpose at all. If it did, don't
you think you'd see iI on F1 cars. I used to run a DP Midget in SFR Solo II.
By the time I finished developing it, it could run equal with National level
drivers and cars. Part of the secret of going faster was to soften the
suspension. I have photos of my car exiting corners with the inside front
wheel 1 to 2 inches off the ground while the outside rear wheel was buried in
the wheel well. All the weight on the inside front was being transfered to
the outside rear wheel significantly improving the rear wheel load and
traction. Stick to the basics. You can't go wrong.

           My best friend in high school had a Citroen DS-19. It was a
mechanical nightmare.It didn't have a brake pedal, it had a button on the
floor. The shifter was on ther dash board. The fenders came off to change
tires. It had a hydraulic suspension with an adjustable ride height. To
change a flat you elevated the car suspension and the slipped a jack under
it. We used sit at traffic lights and and raise and lower the car to attract
attention, usually of the opposite sex. It was the most aerodynamic car of
its era, CD near .30 and with a minimal frontal area. It was the most
comfortable car I have ever driven in. The carpets were 2" thick. This my
friends was a car built in 1959!!!  If only the hydraulic system was reliable
it would have been a great car.
Vive la France!
                                         Larry