adjustable shock tuning?

To: ba autox <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: adjustable shock tuning?
From: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:36:22 -0700
i finally got some real shocks for my car, koni 3012 double adjustable mono
tube.

however i havent had adjustable shocks before, and only know what ive read
about adjusting them (and those descriptions are for road race).

at the settings that koni suggested i try first, they seem very soft, as
soft as the very squishy non-race shocks i had before.  if anyone got a look
at my car yesterday at stockton, and can offer any observations that can
help me with what i should try next, they would be appreciated.  i had awful
understeer, which i think is due to way-too-old front tires.  the car
otherwise didnt seem too much different (more controllable on the slip angle
perhaps).  i still bounced terribly on that huge bump... and i think maybe i
need stiffer rear springs to boot.

thanks!

james