Re: so what's the difference b/w ProSolo and the Nat'l Tour?

To: "red 318is" <red318is@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: so what's the difference b/w ProSolo and the Nat'l Tour?
From: "Darren Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Date: 1 May 2003 21:16:09 -0000
Tour = Big, organized regular autocross.  Maybe the courses will be a little
more open.  6 runs over 2 days, total together counts for the event.  1 day of
the tour apparently is counting as an SFR series points event.  Think
supersized local event.  Great training for Nationals!

ProSolo = Drag tree start, mirror image (shorter) courses you run two cars
(from the same class) against each other.  Top 32 drivers (based on index then
closest to their class leader) go into a heads up challenge where you have to
match or better your dial-in time vs. cars (or karts!) from any class.  There's
also a ladies challenge, a Street* challenge, and a bonus challenge
(affectionatly known as the pathetic loser challenge since it's randomly
drawn).  2 runs on each side saturday morning, saturday afternoon and sunday
morning.  Total best left/right time for the Challenges on sunday afternoon.

The Pro is definitely a blast if you have the time and money to run it!!!  But
it is quite a lot of stress and procedure.  It's also a little harder on
tranny's and clutches due to the drag race start.... it is a different kind of
sport, but still autocross.

I'm only doing the Pro... hope to see you there!

  --Darren

"red 318is" <red318is@hotmail.com> wrote ..