RE: tires

To: "'Paul S (#51 STS)'" <ibisbike@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: tires
From: Kevin McCormick <ktm@unify.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 10:42:02 -0700
Having not drive on Falkens except a few times - both on Miati - I can't
compare the MX to the Falken very much.  We had the 205/50/15 MX on our STS
Civic.  I do know they do not seem as susceptible to greasiness as the
Falkens.  Bret, Katie and I were the only STS/X drivers using tire blankets
at the tour as far as I know :-) (thanks Andy - we forgot ours).

My last run at the pro (right side, going for it to beat a Subie) I did get
some push that I didn't expect - I can't say whether that was heat related
or not, or simple driver error.  The run was still my best time, but not
enough.

Wear has been good - a little bit more on the inside, but we have about 2.5
deg of camber, and some wheelspin.  Note that we did start with them shaved
to 4/32's.  I don't know what they would do at full tread.  Should be a
great rain tire.

Kevin McCormick
'88 STS Civic