RE: Pop-off valves in STX?

To: "Jake Hodges" <jake@codeworm.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pop-off valves in STX?
From: "Chris Warner" <jabrwoky@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:00:31 -0700
No.

Not legal because it modifies the stock boost control systems.  The valve
your reffering to is actually called the "Compressor Bypass Valve"  Its
function is to prevent the sudden air presure rise that occures when the
throttle plate is closed suddenly.  This spike in air presure is very bad
for turbo longevity.

Anyhow, it's possible to modify your boost levels by manipulating how and
when the valve opens.  If your freind has one installed then he is in street
mod, not street touring.