School & Sunday

To: "James Creasy" <james@thevenom.net>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: School & Sunday
From: "TSUKAMOTO, Yosuke" <ysk_tsukamoto@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 18:41:36 -0700
I know it's late, but...

I want to thank all the people
who made the school and the event happen last weekend.

Especially Larry Baker for loaning me racing tires
and giving me rides, Jesus Villareal for connecting me
to Larry, Armen for helping me changing tires, and the
great instructor James Creasy for his always enlightening advice:
thank you very much.

The school was my first time to drive on racing tires.
At first, I thought it would be more difficult to drive because of
higher limit of those racing tires, but it turned out that
racing tires are much easier to drive, even when the car starts sliding.

The result was, I was able to overcome one of my bad habits,
"too scared to step on the gas even in fast sections," and
I learned some aggressiveness I needed.

On Sunday, the runs were totally different from the evens before this.
I was struggling not to step on the gas. It was the first time that
I had to control my aggressiveness, which I failed in each run.
But it was a great fun, and now I can feel how the car is moving, and
I can see what to improve more clearly than before.
Trying not to mess up is easier than trying to step on the gas more.

Again, thank you very much for all the people who made the school and event
possible.
It was a great experience.

---I drive, therefore I exist---
Yosuke