Reno Air Race transport

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reno Air Race transport
From: "Anthony Tabacco" <tony@atarchitects.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 08:16:02 -0700
I apologize in advance that this is not at all autox related, but with all
the trailers in the group, I though I would post this as a favor for
Natalie. The crew of the Alameda based USS Hornet needs to transport the
cockpit section of an F8 Crusader up (and back) to Reno for the Air Race on
September 11-14 as part of their fundraising effort. Natalie is a volunteer
Safety Stewart there and is also restoring an old helocopter. Her gang needs
help. As you may know, the Hornet is a non-profit museum, with an
all-volunteer staff, and with an emphasis on "non". These folks are broke,
and they can't offer any compensation (although I understand they can give
out one of those tax deductable forms for donations). Plopping the thing
down in Reno is a chance raise some funding and awareness.

The attachment is of the whole airplane. The actual cockpit section is
probably less than ten feet long, and completely stripped so it weighs less
than a car would. If anyone has any ideas how this could come off, it would
be appreciated.  This is a long shot, but its for a good cause. Again, sorry
for the non-autox bandwidth.

Tony

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
crusader.jpg]