Re: S2000 owners esp. Ralph Elder and/or Andy and Teresa

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: S2000 owners esp. Ralph Elder and/or Andy and Teresa
From: Eljssp8@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 21:52:40 EDT
Debbie.Cunningham@attbi.com writes:

<< Please email me.  I'm also considering an S2000 but have heard that they
are
 "difficult" to autocross.  I'm wondering what that means, lol.

 Thanks!

 Debbie >>

Debbie:

This is Eric. The S2000 is actually a very fun auto-x car with a proper front
sway bar.
Even though now I drive the M Coupe with a lot of suspension upgrades, which
makes the M a lot of fun to drive, I still remember how thrilling the S was.

You also asked about the M roadster. There is the S52 version, and the S54
version, 240hp and 315 hp respectively. For you to have real fun with either, I
feel you have to stiffen up the chassis AND upgrade the suspension, but then
you will be playing with the BIG BOYS in ASP. At least you will have a fun car
that can handle well and with minimal body flex, AND have a lot of power.

The S2000 doesn't have the torque, but it makes up for it by doing a lot of
other things well. I loved it. It taught me a lot. As you know, Andy is selling
his S.

The M, in street prepared form, will be easier to drive and you will have a
lot of fun doing it. I don't think you will be happy with the M in stock form
simply because the chassis flexes too much for any spirited type of driving.

Have fun checking both cars out.

Eric