Hoosier dry, Hoosier dirt track wet....Azenis dry, ??

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hoosier dry, Hoosier dirt track wet....Azenis dry, ??
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:15:14 -0700
Bryan,
For what it's worth, I tried that sort of unintentionally early in the season!
Had a loss of alarm type accident, got to Candlestick too late to trade tires
before my run group.  It was raining, so I figured maybe I had a chance, car
had Dunlop Sport A2's which are quite good rain tires.  I was still slower
than the Azenis-clad guys by I'm guessing a second /extra/ (hard to say as I
also missed the course walk!)  If it had commenced to downpour I wouldn't have
lost any more but it started to dry instead, darn it.  As long as you're not
running through deep puddles the Azenis seem to have quite respectable stick
in the wet.  Of course you can't be down to the wear bars....

On my old BFG R1's on a wet skidpad at Buttonwillow, it went around sticking
harder in the wet (albeit only 25-30 mph) than the car would probably have
done on its decent high performance street tires in the dry.  That compound
and the Azenis Sport one both seem to be good in the slightly wet at least.
Paul