SFR Solo II Steering Committee

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SFR Solo II Steering Committee
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:01:13 -0400
All Solo II drivers are welcome to attend Solo II Steering Committee
meetings to express concerns and voice their opinions.
        Only Steering Committee members may vote.
        To become an SFR Steering Committee member, and to maintain
membership, you must have competed in a minimum of nine (9) SFR Solo II
events during the previous year and petition the committee for membership.
A 2/3rds majority vote is required for acceptance. Generally the Steering
Committee wants a potential member to attend at least three monthly
meetings before voting on that person's membership.
        Normally the Steering Committee meets on the third Tuesday of each
month. We have been alternating sites this year between Coco's in Sunnyvale
and Ricky's Sports Bar in San Leandro (150th Ave and E. 14th St.)*  Due to
circumstances, our leader is calling for the October meeting to be at 7:30
p.m., Oct. 14 (second Tuesday) at Ricky's.
        You're invited to attend our next meeting and learn how to run the
"show."

* Trivia: Ricky's Sports Bar is located on the edge of the site of the
defunct Oakland Speedway, the mile which operated in the '30s prior to WWII
and the paved 5/8ths mile built in 1947 and torn down in the mid '50s. The
Speedway was replaced by two Drive-In movies. Then came Rickys.

--John Kelly