Re: SFR and its Solo II program

To: Ba-autox@autox.team.net, "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Subject: Re: SFR and its Solo II program
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:05:16 -0500

Message text written by "Richard Urschel"

"It would also be a good thing for anyone wanting to express their views to
do so at a meeting. The Committee Members are not elected representatives."

Speaking up is very important. One of our rules is that in order to vote
you must have competed in nine of our events in the previous year.
        We have relied on people's honesty on this issue in the past. I
think it's time we paid attention to that rule. The reason it's there is to
prevent "DEADWOOD" from dominating any discussion and/or money spending by
the organization. The rule was installed when the Region's TOP management
was demanding Solo II put ALL of its funds into the Region's main treasury.
That TOP management is no longer in office. The last BoD character in all
that lost his re-election bid in 2002.

        But we do have some people who do not meet the requirements of
being ACTIVE participants in Solo II making motions, seconding same, and
voting  on issues. It is my hope by bringing this to everyone's attention
that the problem will resolve itself before we bring their names to
everyone's attention.
        It seems to me we in Solo II must pay attention to our relationship
with the Region lest we suddenly encounter a new person who uses his or her
position at the top of San Francisco Region to make our event organization
difficult. We are a part of SF Region and we must always recognize that.
        We in SFR's Solo II have operated more or less on our own for many
years. We need to always recognize this and not be a burden to the region.

        Life is a two-way Street.

--John Kelly