Long Beach Trans-Am

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Long Beach Trans-Am
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:25:15 -0400
At last Tuesday's Steering Committee meeting Don McKenna asked me if I knew
when the Long Beach Trans-Am would be telecast. I couldn't answer the
question.
        Now I can:

LONG BEACH MOTOROCK TRANS-AM SERIES OPENER TO AIR SUNDAY ON SPIKE TV

INDIANAPOLIS (April 22, 2004)   The Motorock Trans-Am Series season opener,
part of the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, will air on tape-delayed basis
this Sunday, April 25, on Spike TV at 10:30 a.m. (EDT and PST). The race
will run in the time slot occupied by  Dangerous Curves,  during the cable
network s popular  Power Block.

The race aired live on cable high-definition network HDNet, as will every
Trans-Am race this season. A full television package, along with
tape-delayed coverage will be announced soon.

The Motorock Trans-Am Series features closed-fendered, production-based,
V-8-powered sports cars, competing on permanent road courses, and temporary
street and airport circuits throughout North America. The Trans-Am Series
is
America s oldest continuously running road racing series and celebrates its
39th anniversary in 2004.

Motorock is the creation of a popular culture brand that blends the
enthusiast markets of cars, stars and guitars. It is a yearly series of
destination live events that showcases the excitement of motorsports, music
and lifestyle while delivering a unique new form of broadcast entertainment
programming.

###