Pylon for June 2004

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Pylon for June 2004
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:41:14 -0400
The June 2004 edition of North American Pylon went into the mail today.
        Our front page stories concern The SCCA National Tour and Pro Solo
meets held a week apart at FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland, just north of
Washington, DC. Plus we cover two Tidewater Sports Car Club events at
Virginia Beach, VA.
        Inside: We cover Atlanta Region; the American Autocross Series in
Atwater, CA; San Francisco Region; Reno Region wins the Nevada North vs.
South event;  Fresno Chapter running at Castle Field in Atwater, CA, and
Sacramento Chapter running in Stockton, CA.
        Plus five Mazda Rev-It-Up events in Boston, Minneapolis, MN; New
York, NY; Philadelphia, PA, and Atlanta, GA.
        Plus the Toledo, OH, Pro Solo.
        Plus the Hawaii Region May 29 event.
        Plus CART has two events in Bristol, CT.
        Indy 500 winner Buddy Rice has former A Mod Champion Todd Bowland
as his chief engineer.
        Colorado, Continental Divide regions team to present an autocross
school in Denver, CO.

Columns:
        Pat Kelly offers some thoughts on Solom II's "direction."
        Lorenzo the Scribe passes on alleged warranty problems with
Mitsubishi's Lancer Evo.
        Steve Holscher, multiple DSP National Champion in his 1981 Fiat
X1/9, praises the SEB's move to make it easier for a car owner to
change/advance/backtrack from Street Prepared to Prepared.
        Editor John Kelly delves into the Prepared class proposals. The
headline on the column sums it up saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix
it."
        (As the proposal's components have now appeared in five (5) issues
of SCCA's national magazine--Sports Car--there will be more on this. Does
the SEB really know what it's doing?
        (The SEB is also working on the Modified classes, too.
        (In A Mod the SEB is proposing raising the minimum weight from 700
to 900 pounds. One month the SEB announced a 200-pound minimum weight
increase for D Mod. In the following month's issue --August--they changed
the D Mod increase to 300 pounds based on the premise American people are
developing larger rears.)

        Want to know more? check out our web page at: www.napylon.com

        To order a subscription, send $24 to:
                North American Pylon
                P.O. Box 1203
                Pleasanton, CA 945466-0120

        Or $27.50 in U.S. funds (postal money orders are best) for mailing
to Canadian addresses. (We are unable to cash checks from Canadian banks.)

        Or: Call 1-800-58-KELLY and charge the $24 to Visa, MC, or American
Express.

Please call during 9-5 PDT business hours.

--John Kelly, editor and publisher, North American Pylon.