RE: Two seater street/stock class car

To: Patrick Jones <pcjones33@yahoo.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Two seater street/stock class car
From: "Thana, Peter {HTS~Palo Alto}" <peter.thana@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 15:16:49 -0700
S2000 is a good choice for AS/BS, currently the 2.0l 2000-2003 cars are
in BS and the 2004 is in AS.  But it is not yet known if they will be AS
or BS next year.  Locally, it shouldn't matter though.

'99-'00 Miata with sport suspension is a great choice for CS- cheap,
reliable, competitive.

'00-'04 MR2 Spyder another decent choice for CS, '04 has optional LSD
but I heard some weird rumors about the springs.

'91-'95 MR2 n/a is a great car in general, currently the car for ES but
participation is a bit thin around here.

All these are great cars.  I currently have an '04 S2000 and had a '93
MR2 before that.  And I have driven the other cars on the list
extensively.  Some things to think about- will you be competing locally
and/or nationally?  Will you run street and/or race tires?

You may contact me if you have any other questions on these cars.

Peter