State vehicle purchase plans

To: jes@rx7.org, barx7club@rx7.org
Subject: State vehicle purchase plans
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:28:27 EDT
In a message dated 10/21/2004 10:49:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jes@rx7.org writes:

> [...]

There was such a program - It actually paid $1000 for someone to turn in a
car (within certain year guidelines) that had failed a required smog test. I
took advantage of the program to turn in an older Isuzu Trooper. $1000 was more
 than its market value! The program expired.

PS - My friend got one of those letters offering to buy his old 1966 Chevy
for $500. He framed it and has it on his office wall, along side the cutaway
drawing of his car - a 1966 427 - 425HP Corvette roadster. Not any time  soon,
I would think.
- Seth Emerson