SFR Solo2 "Mission Statement"

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SFR Solo2 "Mission Statement"
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:19:27 -0800
FYI, the Steering Committee several years ago reviewed and
approved (at least informally) a mssion statement for our group.

It was the development of drivers of a National Championship
caliber.

This had been an informal "mission statement" in eons
long past, and was brought up as to whether this was really what
we were all about.  After much discussion, that's what the SC
reaffirmed.

And it makes sense.  The goal is *not* more trophies for the region
(thought that may be the result) but more, better drivers, the equal
of any in the country.

While a lot of us are not really interested in National competition,
I and others felt that a program with this goal would probably
result in more compoetition and more fun for us, too.

And based on the huge turnouts we continue to get, and the great
drivers that seem to come from here, it seems to have worked
pretty well...

Jerry

Jerry Mouton    '64 E Type FHC    "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"