Divisional at Packwood

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Divisional at Packwood
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:35:52 -0700
To whom it might interest:
Just got back from the beautiful Northwest.  The Tour venue at Packwood, WA is
an excellent site, very large, almost square.  It's nearly smooth, just a
couple of seams, built of grippy asphalt with some undulations.  Enough to
allow some off-camber corners without having the "curve of the Earth" effect
at Candlestick/Monster.  Laps were ~50 seconds.  Interestingly, the Saturday
finish was SO early (212 official entrants on the list) that they allowed 2
each $2 fun runs!  They had a couple of hours to kill before the scheduled
charity banquet.  Well, at least I was able to find those two seconds I was
missing during the "official" runs.     >:-/

http://www.scca.org/_Filelibrary/File/solo-05packwood-sun.pdf for results.

Congrats to Kevin McCormick and Katie Elder of SFR for their class-topping
STS/STSL finishes!  Katie was alone in class, but would have trophied in Open.
Very few other SFR attendees, which might change (who knows?) when the
Nationals go to a smooth, grippy asphalt surface next year.  Figure about the
same travel time as getting to Seattle.

Paul T  (finally pulled my head out of my trunk on Sunday.  See "red mist" in
the racing dictionary....)