2006 MX5

To: "ba-autox@autox.team.net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: 2006 MX5
From: Dennis & Sherry Armstrong <miata@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:42:35 -0700 (PDT)
 Sherry and I went to the local Mazda dealer to get some parts for my car.
Upon arriving we both noticed they had 3 new 2006 MX5's. So we decided to
check them out.

Pretty nice car we thought. The dealer was telling us how great the car was.
Then asked us if we wanted to test drive it? He didn't have to twist my arm.
He took a copy of my drivers license. Sherry and I got in the car, Took the
top down, And started the car. We both heard a strange grinding noise for
about 2 seconds that went away. The car only had 35 miles on it.

I took the car out on the road, Sherry said, "Make sure I get a chance to
drive it". I noticed the car had much more torque then any Miata I had ever
driven. I had a little trouble getting the car in 3rd gear. Then I approached
the freeway on ramp. I made sure to let the motorcycle get ahead of me
so I could see how it accelerated. I went from 1st, 2nd, Then when I hit 3rd,
The clutch peddle stuck to the floor. I coasted to a stop & could not get
the car going.

Luckily Sherry had her cell phone with her. We called the dealer & told him
we were stuck on the freeway. He thought we were joking. He pulled up in
a Mazda SUV type vehicle. Got out and walked up to us. I said, "I am not
impressed". We went back to the dealership. I said, "Can we drive the red
one?" At that point Sherry said, "No lets go home".

                                             Dennis