Re: [solo2sc] Back to 8 Run Groups, and what it means for

To: james creasy <jcreasy@perforce.com>
Subject: Re: [solo2sc] Back to 8 Run Groups, and what it means for
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 16:17:51 -0800
On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 04:02:38PM -0800, james creasy wrote:
> if you want to argue safety id say three is safer than two, but does
> that mean its not safe enough with two?   when did that get decided?

Before the new worksheets (maybe even since then) we commonly had work
stations with two course workers.  That was considered the minimum for
the whole time that I've been autocrossing.  If a work station was
getting a lot of cones knocked over, we'd find another station with
more than two workers and have them send someone over.

The fewer workers at each station, the better, as long as there are
enough there to pick up all the cones.  When you have workers standing
around idle, they tend to get into conversations and lose track of
their surroundings.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94