Tour and ProSolo Thanks

To: "'Bay Area Autocross'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tour and ProSolo Thanks
From: "Bryan Nemy" <bnemy@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 21:59:29 -0700
Well, we are a little late in thanking everyone for the wonderful job that
SFR did on the Atwater Tour and ProSolo this year.

Got a note from Cindy Jansen, the person who heads up the National team that
puts on the Tours and ProSolos around the country.  She said: "It was such a
pleasure working with you on the Atwater Tour and ProSolo.  I could not have
asked for better cooperation and attention to detail.  Please extend my
personal thanks to your region for a great event".

This little note indicates in a big way that San Francisco Region knows how
to put on great National level events.  We just did the organization and
some of the up front administrative tasks,  but it was the chiefs and
helpers of SFR that made it all work.

At the tour we had great food and hospitality thanks to Gordon and Brenda
and the Edge Motorworks team and a $1000 contribution from K & N Filters.
We had a great social venue thanks to Sean and Jeannine Breeze.  The ice
cream that Chris Boynton got Foster Farms Dairy to donate was a big hit and
the Ice trailer, an idea I got from a past Divisional that Ralph Elder was
responsible for, was a life saver.  Of course the nice weather didn't hurt!

We had great Tech and impound teams led by Jeremy Rine and Arnold Escano.
Great t-shirts designed by Steve Ryan and printed by Glen Anderson.  Glen
Anderson, Megan Francavilla and Ben Martinez covered grid.  Harold Olsen
took care of Safety, Chris McKinney the Operating Steward roll, Steve Kupper
registration, Navid Kahangi course issues, Ed Runnion waiver, Peter Mottaz
youth.  The practice course was setup on Thursday night by Andy and Ann
Hollis for their Cone Clinic and it worked just fine.  Vic Sias ran the
practice event with Tim Dolan doing safety.

The Pro had much the same cast with a little less effort involved, as this
event requires more work from Nationals and fewer regional workers.  For the
Sunday help we would like to thank those that made the trek out to help work
the Challenge.

And the courses: Well the Tour was done by Chris Cox and got lots of
favorable comments for the design, the speed and the length (Rob measured it
out at 4400 feet).  Any McKee's Pro course was a real challenge also with
the gotcha finish that ended up making the winner in the challenge.

Nationals had their problems with the timers at the Pro, but the patience of
the competitors sure shined at the event.

Last, but not least we want to thank Chris Cox and Pilar Miranda for the
consulting support they gave us with little "did you think of---- or did you
do the ----" reminders.  Also Harold Olsen, the Chief of Safety for the Tour
and one of the last to leave when everything was being picked up at the end
of the Pro.  If you missed helping out, you missed a real good time.  We may
not be at Castle next year, but we will be working on getting a new venue
for the Tour and ProSolo and make it happen in 2007.

Thanks again.

Bryan and Rob