re: exhaust for sale

To: "autox" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: exhaust for sale
From: "PAUL TIBBALS" <pault151@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:43:52 -0800
Alan,
Seen the thread at  http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/80968.aspx and
several more later, about STS exhausts and  specifically catalysts?  Off the
toppa my head I don't recall for sure if STS2 reads the same as STS but for
Stock and STS the (IMO) agreement is that the cat has to be an OEM or
demonstrably about identical to OEM for the model / year in question.  A
late model MazdaSpeed unit may not qualify.  Of course, for older cars the
OEM isn't selling them any more....  Anyway that's a possible concern.

As far as being the maximum legal CSP exhaust, you'd better talk to Vince or
Renee Russell (or Pat Housel if you can find him).  Their car generally made
the announcer quit talking as it departed.  >|:-p   And I just hate to quit
talking.  If your new one is _anywhere_ near that annoying then it's asking
for a ticket on the street.  And not to shoot down your sale or anything,
but CSP allows removal of the catalyst doesn't it?  From Street Prepared
rules:
E. Emission control devices may be modified or removed. ...
H. Exhaust manifolds and muffler systems are free, except that they must be
quiet and terminate behind the driver. ...

I guess that "quiet" is open to discussion here :-)

Paul