RE: DSQ's in STX at Atwater Tour

To: "'Rex Tener'" <rex_tener@yahoo.com>, "'Bay Area Team dot Net'"
Subject: RE: DSQ's in STX at Atwater Tour
From: "Navid Kahangi" <navid@xperformance.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:31:36 -0700
What Sandy told me was that STX was not released from impound, but a number
of cars just left the grid.  They disqualified them.  I feel partly
responsible for this since I was running in that heat and did not supervise
the impound workers.  I guess everybody was anxious to get out ASAP and some
of the impound workers did not stick around to the end.  I know Jennifer Lee
did for a fact because she was helping me clean up.

Regardless, everybody should know that leaving impound before being released
is cause for disqualification.  I had to go chase some people down to their
pit spot in the rain on Saturday because they just drove off.

--Navid