Autocross this weekend in Santa Rosa

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Autocross this weekend in Santa Rosa
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 23:16:42 EDT
I've been given a limited number of slots (10 max)  for this coming weekend's
Sunbeam Tiger Owners Association sponsored autocross  event at the Charles
Schulz/Sonoma County Municipal Airport in Santa Rosa. The  event is on
Saturday,
October 25th and cost will be $40 for at least 8-10  runs...maybe more??

Some of you have participated in past Tiger club  events at Marina with,
frankly, mixed opinions...here's how we plan to insure a  better experience at
this event:

1. I will be helping with course design  and if any other autocrosser with
design experience wants to show up early and  help, I can promise their input
will be incorporated in the final course. In the  past, there have been very
valid bitches with non-sensical courses at these  events.

2. Still expect a later start, closer to 10AM...there's a low  likelihood
that things will actually get started at 9AM. Of course, if a couple  of extra
people show up and help with set up, there's a greater chance of  getting
things
started earlier...which results in even more runs.

3.  Expect a small event. I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being
between  25-35 total entries. Result is that if you run 10-15 runs, you'll also
be
 working 10-15 runs.

4. I have never run at this site and have no idea as  to the quality of the
surface or size of site. I hear that Empire, PCA and  others use the site
regularly, however. If the site is, imo, too small to  support at least a 40
second
course, we'll go with a two lap per run  format.

So, that's the deal. Send me a reply email if you're  interested in running.
I'm thinking this is a great opportunity for those that  want lots of
inexpensive seat/testing  time...

Mike