Utah Highland Games this Saturday

To: BMCU Members <BMCU@autox.team.net>
Subject: Utah Highland Games this Saturday
From: Gary Lindstrom <gary@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 08:59:57 -0600
This is a reminder of our next club outing -- the Utah Highland Games
this Saturday at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi (see article below from the
June newsletter).

The organizers are very keen to have a good showing by BMCU, which is
the only car club they invited.  There will even be a people's choice
trophy, I am told.

Speaking as a recovering bagpiper (I played in college, but decided it
wasn't my bag (ouch)), I have attended many such events and can testify
that they are a whole lot of fun.  Watch big men in kilts toss telephone
poles over hurdles and throw stones long distances, watch lasses perform
traditional dances, and enjoy both genders parading in pipe and drum bands.

There is a $10 admission charge which will be waived for BMCU members
with cars to display.  See article below for details, including RSVP
directions (by June 9, to me).

See you there!
    --Gary

BMCU at the Utah Highland Games

June will be a busy month for the club, but we hope you can find time
for a new and different event on June 12 -- the Utah Highland Games
(http://www.utahscots.org/games2004.htm).  This event will be held at
the Electric Park Fairgrounds at Thanksgiving Point, UT.  A special show
area and People's Choice trophy will be provided for BMCU member cars.
Admission to the event is $10, but if you contact Gary Lindstrom
(532-1259, 606-2837 fax, gary@cs.utah.edu) by June 9, your name will on
the complementary admission list at the gate.

There will be lots of activities, exhibits and food that will get in
touch with your inner Scot (hey, we're all Irish on St. Patty's Day,
right?  Same difference here, as they say in Utah).

Rendezvous will be at 9am for a prompt departure from the South Towne
Mall east parking lot (106th S. between I-15 and State St. in Sandy).
We'll follow a direct and lightly traveled freeway-free route to
Thanksgiving Park.  Latecomers can take I-15 to exit 287.