URGENT: cars needed for Miller Motorsports Park tomorrow

To: "BMCU Members" <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: URGENT: cars needed for Miller Motorsports Park tomorrow
From: "Gary Lindstrom" <gary@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 12:10:35 -0600
BMCU has been invited to be a participating car club at the Miller
Motorsports Park Announcement Party tomorrow afternoon and evening at the
Delta Center.

Those of you who attended the Senior Citizens Concours know that the Miller
Motorsports Park will be an outstanding facility for motor sport racing, all
the way from karts and motorcycles to international class professional
racing, including vintage races.  It will offer the longest road course in
North America (4.5 miles), with excellent spectator and participant
facilities.  Construction is well underway, at a site between Stansbury Park
and Toole ("25 minutes from SL International airport").

The event tomorrow night will be free. In addition to publicizing the event,
the MMP folks hope to sign up volunteers to help staff events at the park.
I for one definitely plan to sign up.  There is an optional catered BBQ
tomorrow for $9 from 4pm to 7pm.

Our parking spot will be on 300 West between N. and S. Temple, available
anytime after 1pm.  We also will have a table inside the Delta Center, in a
10x10 foot area on the Delta Center inner concourse.  Help staffing that
will be welcome.

I need to give the Delta Center an estimate of the number of BMCU cars, and
expected number of BBQ attendees by the end of today, so:

*** PLEASE RSVP by email to me by 5pm today if you plan to (a) park your
British car in the special area, and/or (b) plan to buy a BBQ meal (if so
how many?)

It should be an informative and enjoyable event, and a great way to spread
the word on BMCU.  Hope to see you there!

            --Gary Lindstrom

            BMCU Governor General