Car Show & Parade

To: "Motorclub British" <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car Show & Parade
From: "ROGER DAVIS" <alpine87fp@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:52:13 -0600
Memebers,

Jill and I attended a meeting for the Butlerville Days celebration on July
24th afternoon, last night.  The organizers are VERY excited that we offered
to show our cars.  They saw our cars during British Field Day at Liberty Park
and were impressed.

If you do not want to be in the parade, I heartily encourage you to bring your
car out just for the Car Show.  The cars will be on grass, not hot pavement.
The organizers are providing a tent and chairs so that we can get out of the
sun.  I have requested a show position close to the tent and chairs.  They are
also providing food, drinks, and air conditioning for our participants.  There
will also be free watermelon.

Last year, the first for the celebration, attendance was over 10,000 people
and of course more are expected this year.  The Car Show will run from
immediately after the parade, approximately 5 PM, until 8-8:30 PM.  This
allows you to have most of the day to do what ever you'd like and does not tie
up the whole holiday.

The fireworks begin at dusk and were very impressive last year.  They are
supposed to be even better this year.

For those who would like to join us in the parade, the staging will begin at 3
PM on the east side of Butler Elementary school in the bus loop.  The school
is on the SW corner of Ft Union Blvd and 2700 East.  The parade will kick off
at 4 PM and conveniently ends up at the Car Show.  The parade will have over
50 entries including The Jazz Dancers,  a Jazz Band, Handcarts, dignitaries,
etc.

Some of the other attractions/activities that are planned for the
celebration:

Black Hawk helicopter, climbing wall, shaved ice, Food booths (a wide variety
of selections), inflatable rides for the children, two dunk tanks, LIVE
entertainment with new shows every half hour, chess & checkers, face painting,
Milo skateboard demonstration, balloon artists, old fashioned games ie. sack
races, three-legged race etc., live music, pie eating contest and more.

Let me know if you can make it, or just show up!

See you on the afternoon of the 24th.

Roger & Jill Davis
801-943-7493