reminder: Butlerville car show & parade, 7/24

To: <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: reminder: Butlerville car show & parade, 7/24
From: "Gary Lindstrom" <gary@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:54:51 -0600
Hope we can have a good turn out at this event, which looks like lots of
fun.

Roger Davis' message of 7/13 is included below.
        --Gary

Jill and I attended a meeting for the Butlerville Days celebration on July
24th afternoon, last night.  The organizers are VERY excited that we offered
to show our cars.  They saw our cars during British Field Day at Liberty
Park and were impressed.

If you do not want to be in the parade, I heartily encourage you to bring
your car out just for the Car Show.  The cars will be on grass, not hot
pavement.
The organizers are providing a tent and chairs so that we can get out of the
sun.  I have requested a show position close to the tent and chairs.  They
are also providing food, drinks, and air conditioning for our participants.
There will also be free watermelon.

Last year, the first for the celebration, attendance was over 10,000 people
and of course more are expected this year.  The Car Show will run from
immediately after the parade, approximately 5 PM, until 8-8:30 PM.  This
allows you to have most of the day to do what ever you'd like and does not
tie up the whole holiday.

The fireworks begin at dusk and were very impressive last year.  They are
supposed to be even better this year.

For those who would like to join us in the parade, the staging will begin at
3 PM on the east side of Butler Elementary school in the bus loop.  The
school is on the SW corner of Ft. Union Blvd and 2700 East.  The parade will
kick off at 4 PM and conveniently ends up at the Car Show.  The parade will
have over 50 entries including The Jazz Dancers, a Jazz Band, Handcarts,
dignitaries, etc.

Some of the other attractions/activities that are planned for the
celebration:

Black Hawk helicopter, climbing wall, shaved ice, Food booths (a wide
variety of selections), inflatable rides for the children, two dunk tanks,
LIVE entertainment with new shows every half hour, chess & checkers, face
painting, Milo skateboard demonstration, balloon artists, old fashioned
games i.e. sack races, three-legged race etc., live music, pie eating
contest and more.

Let me know if you can make it, or just show up!

See you on the afternoon of the 24th.

Roger & Jill Davis
801-943-7493