Re: [Bmcu] Pix of Lotus accident

To: Barry Engstrum <beachbumbarry@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] Pix of Lotus accident
From: Bruce Oblad <bruce.oblad@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:25:31 -0600
While it's a very unfortunate accident and a case of very bad judgement on
the part of the Lotus driver, I will say that the dainty little Lotus held
up quite well in the collision.  The Bimmer X3 if that is what the Lotus hit
weighs twice as much.  The plastic on the Lotus looks very bad, but the
chassis is intact, the engine cradle still attached to the frame and the car
looks like it might be recoverable.  The Elise is a wonderful machine with
benchmark feel and road grip, but it is very edgy and takes a bit of track
time to get used to the signals of when the tires begin to let go.  It's
forgiving only to the experienced and to those who know it intimately.  We
all hope of course for a quick and thorough recovery of the unlucky owner of
the LBMC and his son.Bruce Oblad.  ('06 Elise and '05 Jag XJ VDP)