[Bmcu] Success at P.C. Cars and Coffee

To: <wbeech@flash.net>, <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bmcu] Success at P.C. Cars and Coffee
From: Jay Williams <runout23@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 21:05:05 -0600
BMCU,

P.C. Cars and Coffee is off to a good start!  Seven of us (one new member!)
showed up around 9-ish and enjoyed warming weather and sunny skies as we
talked cars and drank coffee.  I mostly listened (I'm the young gun...33 yrs.
old) to stories from racing at Miller Motorsports park to different engine
sizes to stories of witnessing races in Europe.  Holy cow, these guys have
stories!

That said, it was a great start and the small crowd allowed me to mostly
listen to the passions and triumphs of my fellow BMCU'ers.  I feel that I soak
up all the little details about engine modifications, famous racers the guys
have met, upcoming shows and meets, and a nightmarish story about some guy
flipping a Ferrari Enzo in southern Utah!  Yikes!

I can't recall all the names of the people there, but the following cars were
present:

Red Sunbeam Tiger (monstrous engine in it, work of art)
Beige Triumph TR8

Black TR3A

Baby Blue VW Beetle (can't remember the year)

Black Triumph Bonneville motorcycle

MGB Lim. Ed.

And a guy who pulled up later in a 427(?) Shelby (AC?) Cobra.

Plenty of other cars (Porsches, a Land Rover...) slowly drove by and waved at
us, and overall I have to say it was a great way to start a Saturday.  And, I
think everyone said they'd be there next time.

So, it's on again next weekend.  Next Saturday at 9am at the Kimball Junction
Starbucks just south of I-80.  Bring whatever car you enjoy driving, don't
feel it has to be washed or prepped, just show up, drink warm beverages, and
enjoy the delights of owning and sharing cars (or motorcycles!).

Have a great week.

Jay Williams

Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, and Environmental Science Teacher
Oakley School
www.oakley-school.com
work: (435)-783-5001 ext 145
cell: (435)-640-0630
Oakley, UT (just east of Park City)

> From: runout23@hotmail.com
> To: wbeech@flash.net; bmcu@autox.team.net
> Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 12:01:46 -0600
> Subject: [Bmcu] Park City Area Cars and Coffee is in full effect on Sat.
5/8

> Park City Area Cars and Coffee is starting this Sat. May 8th at 9am. It
will
> continue every Sat. until weather shuts us down (or our cars fail...).
> Remember, this started as a loose idea, so it is a 'come as you can' style
of
> event. No real rules or protocol for cars allowed--bring what you like.
>

> Meeting actually north of Park City at Kimball Junction Starbucks parking
lot,
> just south of I-80. If coming from I-80 (Salt Lake or points east) take the
> exit to Park City, and take your first left when you are at the stoplight
with
> McDonald's (the second left will get you there as well). Both lefts are at
> stoplights.
>

> Weather should be good, and the road salt should be gone due to last week's
> precipitation. I'll have my MG out (probably drive there with top up, and
> leave with the top down). I'm looking forward to seeing who brings what
cars,
> and I'm hoping we have a mix of everything--European, Japanese, American,
you
> name it (how about a Noble or some kit car built in S. Africa?).
>

> So, come out on a beautiful Sat. morning for an hour or so, enjoy a nice
> drive, have fun seeing other cars, and warm up with coffee or tea. See you
at
> 9am.
>

> cheers,
>
> Jay B. Williams
> 1980 MGB black Lim. Ed.
> Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, and Environmental Science Teacher
> Oakley School
> www.oakley-school.com
> work: (435)-783-5001 ext 145
> cell: (435)-640-0630
> Oakley, UT (just east of Park City)
>

> > From: wbeech@flash.net
> > To: runout23@hotmail.com
> > Subject: RE: [Bmcu] Cars and Coffee?
> > Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 22:47:03 -0600
> >
> > Are you meeting this Saturday?
> > Bill
> >
> > Bill Beecher
> > '58 TR-3A TS 30766 L aka "Tar Baby"
> > www.triumphowners.com/1566
> > "A Triumph is man's best friend, it always comes when it is called...of
> > course, some times it is difficult to make it go"

City
> > area (not that I have any dislike of rolling restorations or rusty MGBs)
> for
> > a 'cars and coffee' if it was on a regular basis.
> >

> > I'm proposing a 'cars and coffee' meeting in Kimball Junction (just a few
> > miles north of Park City, near I-80) at the Starbucks not far from
Smith's

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:W

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL