Re: [Bmcu] Another car finds a home.......

To: "Rob McNair" <rob45789@msn.com>, "BMCU Members"
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] Another car finds a home.......
From: "brownie" <browniepetersen@readytek.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 20:58:38 -0600
I was at the car show in Perry yesterday with my firend Craig Welk (MG Guy
from Brigham).  Guy walks up and starts talking to Craig and mentions that
he has a 1979 Triumph Spitfire that he had spent over 5K on it and can not
get it to run.  He mentioned that his wife left him and he would sell it to
the first buyer and at low "give away" price.  He said that there was
something special about the Vin number (TFZDW29T000379)???  OK, I had a
Spitfire back in the late 70's so I told him I would take it if it was as
clean, rust free and low milage 38K as he said it was.....

It was all he said and, to boot, Craig twisted the distributor a quarter
turn and we drove it onto the trailer.  I now, again, own a "True British
Sports car!!!"  So far, I know I need a chrome base for the trunk rack, and
a nut to hold down the spare tire......  But Brown......  I have never owned
a brown car.......

Brownie
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive